Sunday, July 23, 2006

Psalm 23

Your Pastoral Coach: Gospel Reflection for Sunday July 23, 2006: "What they said reminded me of what we read in this Sunday's Psalm (23). They recognize that the only way that they can survive, is to completely surrender to a higher power, a shepherd. Every time they think they can go alone, they stumble and fall. As they walk through the dark valley, full of temptations and problems, they fear no evil because they recognize they are powerless and only through God they can gain the courage and wisdom to succeed. Their words and principles I heard last night are so useful for all of us... "

The above quote is from Hector's blog and it says it perfectly...only with God can we make it. Fr. Ron preached on Psalm 23 today also (which by the way is one of my favorites...my husband gave me a psalm 23 bracelet for Mother's Day and it broken a link...he got it fixed and funny enough it is back on my wrist today...God is good!)

The point is that a 'shepherd' does two things for his sheep...1)protects them and 2)provides for them.
There it is again...Savior and Lord. We just need to accept the offer.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, (white) I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, (green)
he leads me beside quiet waters, (blue) he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness (clear) for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, (black)
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, (brown) they comfort me.
You prepare a table (brown) before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil (yellow); my cup (purple) overflows.
Surely goodness and love (pink) will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord (gold) forever.

No comments: