Sunday, July 23, 2006

Great advice

My Domestic Church: What the Titus II woman is facing.: "First, I don't think this command applies to strangers. I think when Paul said for older women to teach the younger women he meant young women you know, like your daughters or grand daughters, or nieces that have to put up with you, or neighborhood girls, women, or students that seek you out. Everyone else you teach at a distance and by example only. "

This really is great advice from Elena here...and I'm thinking that it was acquired by tons of personal experience. I think this one of the reason why I feel that this blog needs to remain 'under the radar'. I know that He will put into my heart who He wants me to invite...not that I have anything to 'teach' to anyone else...God knows how much learning that I still have to do...but He will bring forth those that are within my own circle...those kindred spirits that can most benefit from my own struggle and who can in turn help me to grow. Those willing to have their 'grave clothes' peeled away and aren't afraid to tug at some of mine instead of always just uttering the sugary words they think I want to hear. The truth hurts sometimes...especially when some of the layers have been hanging on us for such a long time...OUCH!

No comments: