Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Beginnings

myCatholic.com � Customizable Catholic Homepage: "Cheerfulness

Once again you had gone back to your old follies! And afterwards, when you returned, you didn't feel very cheerful, because you lacked humility.

It seems as if you obstinately refuse to learn from the second part of the parable of the prodigal son, and you still feel attached to the wretched happiness of the pig-swill. With your pride wounded by your weakness, you have not made up your mind to ask for pardon, and you have not realised that, if you humble yourself, the joyful welcome of your Father God awaits you, with a feast to mark your return and your new beginning.

� St. Josemaria Escriva, Furrow, #65"

Hmmm...why do we bother spending so much time beating our selves up for falling? Maybe it is pride. My first instinct after the realization that I've sinned is 'how could I have done that'...why am I so shocked at my failure? Am I better then others? We are all sinners to some degree. I need to get back up, ask for forgiveness and move on. Oh the joyful celebration in heaven on that moment.

No comments: