Wednesday, September 20, 2006

a reminder

"Love is patient, love is kind.
It is not jealous, love is not pompous,
it is not inflated, it is not rude,
it does not seek its own interests,
it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,
it does not rejoice over wrongdoing
but rejoices with the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things."

Fr. Ron at Mass this morning encouraged us to add our own names to this passage, or I guess 'I' would work too. For example...I am patient, I am kind. I am not jealous, I am not pompous...hmmmm...how true would all that be? Sure shows the areas that we need to work on. Here's my favorite...'I am not quick tempered, I do not brood over injury'...ouch!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Plugging your name into this passage is great if you’re looking for a grade, or a list of sins to confess. If you truly want to love, in spite of weaknesses, there is a much better way.

A Love Worth Giving...Living in the overflow of God's Love, by Max Lucado is a great book to read.

Max explains the best and quickest way to love others is to live in the overflow of God's love, His Spirit, and the fruits of the Holy Spirit are: "Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."...no grading to do:)

Check out his book, you'll be glad you did!

Michele Desmond
St. Patrick Parish