Monday, August 13, 2007

follow His ways exactly...

USCCB - (NAB) - August 13, 2007

"Moses said to the people:
“And now, Israel, what does the LORD, your God, ask of you
but to fear the LORD, your God, and follow his ways exactly,
to love and serve the LORD, your God,
with all your heart and all your soul,
to keep the commandments and statutes of the LORD
which I enjoin on you today for your own good?
Think! The heavens, even the highest heavens,
belong to the LORD, your God,
as well as the earth and everything on it."

Wow...what a week...I can't even begin to write it all down. It has just been one long attack on the family after another. The damage has been done and I'm now 'limping' along. It is now time to re-start. Step one is to re-focus on the Lord instead of all the troubles surrounding me...it doesn't mean that I will shut my eyes to those that are hurting...but merely that I choose to ponder on the workings of the Lord and marvelous deeds that He will do with all of this mess that I have placed in His hands, instead of on the problems themselves. Step 2 is full throttle obedience. Little disobediences open the door to the evil one's workings and full obdience does the opposite...it shuts doors in his face.

No comments: