Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Abundant Life

> .=: M O R N I N G P R A Y E R :=.
> From Father Pat Umberger
>
.=: S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y :=.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may
have life, and have it abundantly." ~John 10:10

.=: M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y :=.

We can have life and have it more abundantly--spiritual, mental, physical,
abundant life--joyous, powerful life. These we can have if we follow the
right way. Not all people will accept from God the gift of an abundant
life, a gift held out free to all. Not all people care to stretch out a
hand and take it. God's gift, the richest God has to offer, is the
precious
gift of abundant life. People often turn away from it, reject it, and will
have none of it. We need not let this be true of us.

.=: P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y :=.

I pray that I may hasten to accept the gift of abundant spiritual life. I
pray that I may live the good life to the best of my ability.

No comments: